I'm not quite sure how it happened -- perhaps I've seen many Dresden projects lately -- but for some reason I became intrigued by Dresden plates to the point that I decided that I had to try making one. Even though I have about 17 other projects going, some with deadlines, I dropped everything to pursue Dresden plate making.
After a trip to the bookcase (I like books as much as fabric!) and some time on the internet, I felt I was good to go. I was pretty sure I even had a ruler that was a free bonus from some quilt show I had been to a few years back.
I decided to pull some fabrics from the bin labeled Big and Bright. Well, I'm not actually organized enough to have labeled the bin, but at least the fabric is sorted and I know that that particular bin is full of Big and Brights, mostly Amy Butler and the like.
I cut a whole bunch of 4-1/2" strips and then used my handy dandy ruler and cut lots and lots of angled pieces.
Then I assembled a whole pile of these things:
Viola - a Dresden plate!
These were pretty fun to make especially in the No Rhyme or Reason manner in which I assembled them.
So I made a bunch more.
Now I guess I just have to figure out what to do with all these pieces from my sidetracked Dresden Plate project!
That, and get back to work!